Monday, March 5, 2012

Second Half of Term II...Bring It!

The second half of Term II is rapidly taking off, and classes are busier than ever! But, many exciting things are happening too! Scheduling for Term III is already approaching, and with that begins the room selection process for next year, and the anxiously awaited lotto numbers to pick with. My roommate and I plan on staying together in a double, and are hoping for good lotto numbers as we would like to live in Meier Hall, the newest dorm on campus (resembles Hogwarts I think!). Once we get our numbers we will be able to better choose. Also exciting is that Elmira just announced that they have found a new interim president for the upcoming academic year. Although I have not personally met him, everyone seems to have excellent things to say about him. As much as the student body will be sad to see Dr. Meier go, I am sure all of the students are eagerly looking forward to meeting and getting to know our potential new president. With all that said, Term II is taking off so here's what is going on in class.

A&P is continuing to be a challenge, and this week we are doing a urine test. Should be exciting after watching our classmates drink various liquids and assessing the time it takes for them to urinate. Typical nursing stuff I guess. We are doing the digestive, lymphatic, and finishing the respiratory system for our test MONDAY! Should probably get studying...

This week in nursing we are taking our meds skill test which is essential to pass because as nurses, we will be giving meds to patients and need to be fully prepared to not make any mistakes, potentially costing us a life or a job. So this week my focus is on meds, meds, and meds.

My other classes are going smoothy and are busy. I would like to bring up my women's studies class and my project that I am currently working on, as I am excited to get the word out. For my project, I have decided to create a blog, as previously mentioned. This blog will highlight issues, events, and topics key to feminism and women. I have done three postings so far and will continue to post each week. The blog includes stories about my life, class discussions, and current issues relevant to feminism. I hope that you can all check it out and see some a project for an actual class, as maybe you are interested in taking a women's studies class for fun, or even might want to major in it. The link is below, and each week I will post the link again!

http://womenreppinwomen.tumblr.com/ <---- CHECK IT OUT! THIS IS MY PROJECT!

Anyways, back to studying, homework, and unfortunately laundry.
Term II is finishing up, and I need to keep my head in the game to finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment