Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Term II...70 Degrees and Sun!


Could this really be Term II...70 degrees and sun for the past TWO DAYS?! Why yes, it is in fact the middle of Term II, and more importantly, the middle of MARCH! But I am not complaining, and neither is the rest of the student body. The past two days have been filled with sunbathers, homework outside on blankets, and yes, even some classes held outside! I have taken a slight break from my busy schedule to enjoy the lovely weather we are having here in Elmira and ate dinner outside sitting on the campus center walls yesterday. An absolute treat after a pathetic winter. But, shortly after I was back to work because Term II is still going, and is busier than ever!

In nursing, we are at clinic and giving meds this week. After practicing injections, pills, ointments and various other medication administration, the time has come to put what we have learned to work. I am anxiously awaiting my first injection and I am excited to further my understanding of the process of giving meds. This is the first step to mastering nursing, so this week will prove to be exciting. I have been working with the same patient now for a few days and I very much enjoy being around her. This past weekend I went to the hospital and played Bingo with the residents, which they enjoyed very much! I also had a good time, as my partner and I won twice! We are busy working on care plans and getting ready for the final stretch. I am enjoying nursing very much, and am definitely happy I picked nursing as my major at EC.

Anatomy is continuing on...just got our test results back, and I am pleased to say that sacrificing my Saturday to study was well worth it. This week we are doing digestive physiology, a unit that I am enjoying thus far. Next week we will be continuing on, and I am sure that unit will be just as interesting.

My other classes are busy as well, and my Women Studies class is still as intriguing as ever. Like last week, I will post the link so that incoming students can see what current students are learning about and working on. Interested in my Women Studies project, check it out at http://womenreppinwomen.tumblr.com/. A blog focusing on issues involving women, and what women are doing about them! Each week I post, and I will be posting next within a few days! I am looking forward to seeing my final product, and hopefully this blog can raise awareness for women all around.

It sounds like a lot of schoolwork and studying this past week, but I was able to find some fun in my busy life. Orchesis is having its Term II show which I will be in next week, so this week, although it makes me life more busy, we have tech week which is lots and lots of dancing. Good thing I like to dance! This past weekend I enjoyed some typical college fun... okay, maybe not so typical, but still fun! Refer to the picture below for how college students like to spend their free time. Anyways, now it is back to real work! Next week will be Orchesis, so I will have pictures soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment