Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Not So Sunny Anymore...


Well, if there is one thing EVERYONE should know about Elmira weather...its absolutely unreliable and changes drastically from one minute to the next. For example, the other day when I had class early, it was literally pouring rain out and super windy, like a mini hurricane. When I left class, it was sixty degrees and sunny. Remember last week's eighty degree sunshine...this week provides us with rain and clouds, maybe even a thunder storm. Oh well, at least we enjoyed the weather while we all could, and Term III is right around the corner so hopefully it will bring promising weather as well...we all need a few days of swimming in the fountain!

So what happened this past week...lots of important things! The Orchesis show took place and it went great! So many of our peers attended as well as many of our families. My mom and a great family friend drove from NH to see me dance, and my suite mates and friends all came as well. Now that dance is over, I have been filling my free time with even more homework...On a positive note, Orchesis elections also took place and I can say that I am excited and happy about the way they turned out, as there are some great dancers who will be choreographing next year, as well as some of my closest friends! Also, tap elections took place and because we had only one senior officer who was leaving, the spaces to run were limited. However, I am pleased to say that I will be the next vice president of tap ensemble and am already excited to start tapping again next year! It seems crazy to think that soon another group of seniors will be graduating, but it is also exciting because it means I am getting closer to graduating as well!
Here are some pictures of the Orchesis excitement!

Classes are quickly coming to an end, as I took my LAST lab practical for anatomy tomorrow and I have a test on Monday...but thankfully its the last one! I am eagerly awaiting the end of this term and the start of term III! In nursing right now we have three clinicals left, and then we are finished our clinicals in long-term care for good! Next term is the medsurg clinical, where you take care of people who have had surgery and need intense care. This will be a really exciting clinical as I have heard that I will have opportunities to see surgeries! Until then, I have to focus on my nursing class at hand especially because I will be passing meds again tomorrow to a patient. It is really good that we are able to have so much real practice here at EC because it allows us to really be prepared for when we are nurses in the real world.

Lastly, this weekend is my birthday! I am excited to celebrate, however I have to attend a Nursing Symposium all morning on Friday, which is of course my birthday. But on the plus side, SAB is sponsoring a dance and all of my friends are planning on getting together to celebrate! It should be a good break from all this work and studying! But in the meantime, it is time to get refocused and back to work! Don't forget to check out my final project blog for Women in Society at the link http://womenreppinwomen.tumblr.com/ ! Next week I will recap my birthday weekend the final week of classes before finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment