Monday, February 13, 2012

Midterm Week....LET'S GO!

Midterm week is finally here! AHHH...No, just kidding, I am not screaming...yet.
But in all seriousness, midterm week is a busy one, especially if you are a nursing major.
But on the plus side, last week was really exciting! Clinical was so exciting and meeting my patient was so nice! It is great to finally be working with patients and practicing all of the skills I had worked on in the past weeks. I got to take vitals and help my patient prepare for his day. I also got to work as a team with my peers to get patients ready quicker and solve problems that arise while we are working. Clinical this week will be exciting too as I will have a new patient and get to practice other skills specific to this new patient. As time goes on, I am sure I will be able to work extremely efficiently and will get to know my patients even better.

Anatomy is busier than ever this week, with a lab practical on Wednesday and a huge midterm on Friday. So, let the flashcard studying commence. In my other classes I am busy studying for those midterms as well, and I have finally gotten my project blog for Women in Society up and running. After I add a few more posts, I will be sure to post it so prospective students can see exactly what we are discussing and learning about in this class.

On a positive note, break is right around the corner and I can that all of the students, including myself, are extremely excited about it. This weekend provided some fun for everyone because it was Athletic Alumni Weekend and all of the alumni came back to spend time with friends and play in sport games. I had a friend come and visit and we went ice skating with nursing club...and shockingly, I did not fall! I was rather impressed with myself considering I may not be the most graceful human ever...

Anyways, Valentine's Day is tomorrow so campus should be buzzing with cute couples and miserable singles, so it should provide for an interesting day. I have clinical, so I will be busy all day! But I already received some beautiful roses, gifts from my roommate, and packages in the mail, so this week might not be to stressful after all! Off to study!

No comments:

Post a Comment