Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Week One of Senior Year - CHECK

It is official, I made it through the first week of my Senior year. Now that the first week is out of the way, classes are officially in their usual flow. I already had my first family clinical and have been able to work with some incredible patients already! I am using skills that I have been practicing since sophomore year of nursing school. It is definitely important to remember everything you've learned and continue to practice. But so far, clinicals and class are going very well.

This past Friday, EC held their annual Senior Class Kegger, essentially a gathering of all of the seniors to celebrate the beginning of senior year, put on by the President and Deans of the college. I had a fantastic time with my friends socializing and really getting excited for all of the achievements and accomplishments to come! Here are some pictures from the event!



 


Anyways, now that things are really picking up there are many things happening on campus.  Everyone is busy prepping for Octagon Fair and Parents Weekend coming up in a week and a half. There are also many honors society inductions that weekend as well, and I am very excited for my parents to attend and for them to be able to be a part of my induction into the nursing honors society, Sigma Theta Tau. This week Tap held the first meeting and we introduced the 2017's to the club as well as announced our there, BROADWAY! I am so excited to have so many new tappers and make this show fantastic. I also attended Red Cross Club this week and will be going to a floor meeting tonight hosted by my RA to go over some general guidelines for Meier. I have lots of homework like usual and have been staying on top of all of my reading for nursing. I also used the Meier workout room today for the first time donated by the Class of 20120, and it is definitely convenient to have a gym right by my room! But I think the most exciting news is that EC just announced the 2013 fall big event and it is...
TIMEFLIES w/special guest CHIDDY BANG!!!!!
The whole campus is super excited to have such an awesome performer this year, and I know as seniors we are going to enjoy it to the fullest!

Clinical early tomorrow and lots of homework to do! Next week I will post after Octagon Fair and give the full breakdown of both the Fair and all of the Parent's Weekend Fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment