Monday, March 10, 2014

Relay for Life!

This weekend was exciting because Relay for Life took place, which is a benefit all night walk for cancer in which clubs form teams and raise money. It was also Sibling and Friends Weekend, so many people had family and friends visiting and their were many activities for that event, including human bowling. 

I had a fantastic time at Relay for Life. I was the 6th highest raiser for money raising $205 dollars. Our team, which was EC Tap Ensemble, had 15 of its members participate which was awesome! We also performed at the event, and so did many others including the accapella groups on campus, danceline, and various musicians. There were tons of activities but the highlight was hearing one of EC's own share her story of her recent battle with cancer. As a beloved faculty member of the college, many students were there to show their support for her. Overall, the event was wonderful and I am so happy to know so many students at EC share a common focus on fighting cancer.

Here are some pictures from the event!

One of the tap performances!

I relay for my grandmother every year!

 The luminar ceremony!

 My best friend and I! She is the president of tap!

 Collage!

All the EC Tap members who participated!
 
The officers!
 
Relay decorations!

The day before Relay for Life, EC Tap also performed at one of the local nursing homes. The residents LOVED the Broadway show music and were so happy to have us visit, they were telling us how they wished we could come more than once a year. It was great to make them smile and visit with them, and I am so proud to be part of a club where students are willing to give up their free time to make others smile. It was a great experience.

These pictures are of some of the tappers performing dances from our Broadway show!



In other news, I am finishing up my home nursing community clinical rotation this week which is sad because I have really met some wonderful patients and watched them improve over the past three weeks. I also enjoy working with my nurse as she has given me some wonderful experiences to learn nursing skills and become a better nurse. I will definitely miss this rotation when it is over! Next I will be heading to the VA in Bath, NY. I have heard from other students that they liked that experience, so I am excited for that as well. I also had an exam in community today, so I am eagerly looking forward to getting the results back because I felt pretty confident and really studied hard. 

Other than that, I am just trying to not let senoritis get the best of me and keep working hard in my classes. Just 82 more days until graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment