Monday, March 3, 2014

Belated February Post

February really flew by and I drafted this and never sent it to fill everyone in on ECs current happenings. This weekend the senior class of 2014 sponsored a Elmira Jackals Game to raise money for Senior week, so I got a ticket to support my class and had tons of fun at the game!

Seniors are busy all around! The nursing majors are busy planning the pinning ceremony which takes place the weekend of graduation. I will be speaking and so will some of my classmates. This is where we get pinned with the nursing pin that we will have forever and it is truly an honor to have this ceremony and is taken very seriously among peers. All of my family will be attending so we are busy getting everything together to make it happen! We have music to pick out, performances to figure out, and just lots of details to make it perfect. 89 Days until graduation, which means 88 until the pinning ceremony which to me is way more important and meaningful.

In other news, just 5 more weeks of term 2 before my internship. I was with home health nursing again for clinical today and got to visit patients in their homes. Today I did a PICC line dressing change, administered medications via the line, and also got to change a wound vacuum which is really a rare yet exciting experience. Overall, this term is FLYING by!

Here's to the start of March and my last FULL month on the EC campus EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment