Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Tap Show and a Term II Update

As promised, I have tons of news about the tap show! First off, tons of people came and many of my peers came which was even more wonderful! My mom and a great family friend drove from NH to watch me and were able to record the show! And the best surprise...my boyfriend drove all through the night to come and surprise me to see me tap for the first time!!!! Having his support made me feel so lucky! 

The show was AMAZING! The costumes this year were better than ever and we had such a large club. The week before we had our holiday party and everyone got excited for the upcoming week of practice, practice, practice. My dances were incredible and I am so lucky to have such dedicated tappers! I took lots of pictures so here they are!

 Me and my best friend, and president of the club, before our duet!

 Tap officers!

 5 Guys Named Moe

 Diamonds 

On stage with Jenna!

 The club!

 All That Jazz!

Surprise visit from Bry!

Needless to say, it was a perfect weekend. It is bittersweet because it was my last tap show, but it was everything I could gave imagined and more! Now that it is over, I am back to the nursing school grind! Things are busy, but it is proving to be a rewarding term. So far in community nursing I have gone to multiple schools in the area which has definitely helped me connect with the pediatric patients on a deeper level. I will also be able to go to the VA, the local health department, home nursing visits, a local OBGYN office, and other unique experiences. These have given me the opportunity to use my nursing skills to make an impact in the community and I feel it is extremely important to be a nurse who can do that. My other classes are going well too and my critical thinking class is definitely helping me to prepare for the NCLEX. Campus in general is busy, the women's hockey team is having a good season and the women's basketball team is having an UNFORGETTABLE year with the most wins I can remember! They had a streak of 10 last time I heard! The men's basketball team and hockey team are also doing well and I am sure soon I will be able to attend one! Nursing club just got our shirt orders in and they are amazing! Check it out!

Pretty creative!

That is all I have for now! January and February will be busy so I am sure I will have lots to report! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment