Friday, January 10, 2014

My Last Term II

Here it is, my last term II EVER as an Elmira College student. Looking back, these four years have really flown by and honestly, I cannot even believe that this is almost the end of my college career and that I have actually made it through nursing school. It literally boggles my mind. But, whether I like it or not, here is my final term II so I am definitely going to make the best of it.

For my final nursing classes I am taking critical thinking and community nursing. For community nursing, the clinicals include a variety of places like elementary, middle and high schools, the health centers in the community, women's health centers, urgent care, and the VA. So far I have only been to elementary and middle school but needless to say it was a great experience and by being around children and adolescents I am able to be a better, more well-rounded nurse. Critical thinking is a class centered around learning to think a certain way in the clinical setting as well as a focus on passing the nclex and all of the testing techniques that we should know going into the exam. 

This first week back has been extremely busy because today we have auditions for the tap show which is extremely exciting. All last term I taught and worked with my tappers to create amazing Broadway-theme dances and now they are finally coming to life with costumes and on stage. Next Friday and Saturday we will have the shows and I am even more excited because my mom and a great family friend are coming. I will have tons of pictures to post next week once the show is finished.

Other campus happening and news include the women's hockey team currently ranked number 3 taking on the number 4 ranked norwich university in an intense game tonight which is very exciting. Also, the women's basketball team is having a fantastic year with more wins than ever which is wonderful for all those ladies! Men's basketball is also doing well and improving. Soon, men's volleyball will begin and the campus loves that!

Well now that term II is busy as ever, I am loaded with homework. Time to get busy and focus! I will post more next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment