Monday, April 28, 2014

Term III Travel

As a freshman, I wrote before that I traveled to Ireland for my term III trip/class and that it truly was the time of a lifetime. I thought that maybe incoming students would want to know more about term III travel and since my bathroom-mate (like a room mate, just share a bathroom and have our own rooms) is currently in Ireland on the same trip I took, I wanted to share about term III trips currently taking place.

Like I said, the Ireland trip is about a week in now and based on the pictures I have seen, everyone is having TONS of fun. They have gone to the ocean, stayed and enjoyed the bars and history of Dublin, toured the Guinness factory, gone to visit old castles, and of course kissed the Blarney Stone. It brings back so many memories and makes me realize just how happy I am I traveled term III.

The South Africa trip just left yesterday and I am sure they are going to have an amazing time! They will be spending time in Johannesburg for a few days where they will enjoy the city and participate in a fossil dig. They are then going to a wildlife park where they will be on a three day safari! They will visit Nelson Mandela's village, visit some amazing caves and other landmarks. They will also be volunteering at a local school during their trip. I am so jealous, it truly sounds amazing!

The trip for the UK (Ireland for a few days, England for a few days) involves seeing many historic landmarks and of course enjoying the beauty of Ireland while visiting Dublin. It involves more countries than just the Ireland class and also focuses on something different therefore students can get different credits.

There is a trip to Alaska that has already began. Students get outdoor adventure like experiences there, spending lots of time hiking, kayaking, sightseeing, whale watching, and just enjoying the beauty of Alaska and the nature around them. It is truly an adventurists dream trip and those who go definitely get that feeling.

These are just some of the trips offered to give students a better idea of what is available. I would encourage every student who can to take the opportunity at least once during your four years at EC to travel during term III. There is nothing else more fun or more of an experience/adventure then taking one of these trips and I would absolutely do it again if I could. I hope this helps break it down more for those wondering!

No comments:

Post a Comment