Friday, October 25, 2013

The Week in a Nutshell!

This week was full of excitement in the nursing world! On Tuesday I went to the ER for my clinical rotation, and I had an amazing time and good some great experience. I had many patients all with different health problems. One patient I had was complaining of chest pain and had the highest blood pressure that myself or any of the staff had ever seen. It was insane to see a patient with such a serious problem but was such a great learning experience. I also had a five-year-old boy with febrile seizures, so it was good practice for pediatric nursing as well. I gave lots of medications and for the best part, successfully started two IVs!!! In the nursing world, this is something to be so proud of and excited about because it is a skill that every nurse needs to master! Needless to say, it was an awesome day and I was reminded just how much I love this career. On Thursday for my family clinical, I had two interesting patients and I feel like I was able to make a difference in both of their lives. I did a lot of work with the families of these patients and it really helped me become a more well-rounded nurse. Besides that, classes are busy and we have a big paper due in family about cultural diversity and nursing that I need to finish up! Next week I am going to daycare for pediatric clinical, so I am sure I will have some funny stories to report.

In other news, I successfully picked out my tap costumes for my dances and could not be happier with my choices! They are AWESOME and very Broadway-esque, if you will. This week we had lots of practices and the dances are really coming along well. It is so great to see new tappers becoming so skilled and it really makes me as a teacher proud! 

Yesterday was the Founder's Dinner for EC in which the campus center puts on a big dinner to celebrate the founders of Elmira College. The food was yummy and they even had a photographer there to take old fashion pictures which was very fun to do with friends. This weekend is filled with more student activities and lots of homework across campus, so next week I will update about all of the happenings on campus! Until then, off to tap practice and then the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment