Sunday, January 15, 2012

Back Into the Swing of Things: Term II

Term II is in full swing and thus has begun my busiest term EVER!
Let me explain about all of the exciting things going on!

Nursing is slowly taking over my life, but luckily for me, I am finally beginning actual nursing activities. This week I learned how to take vital signs...and I am actually mastering these skills quickly. Nursing is exciting and I have officially put on my purple scrubs and began my clinical class. Soon I will be working with patients and beginning long-term care! I am eagerly awaiting meeting my patients and actually starting to begin one-on-one care! As nursing progresses, I will keep you posted about all of the exciting things I am learning.

In Health Assessment, we are learning to take health histories of patients, an important skill to master to be an excellent nurse. Health Assessment teaches nurses all of the essential skills necessary to assess a patient. I am looking forward to having a vast amount of nursing skills to use on my patients.

Anatomy part II is living up to its expectations of hard work and lots of studying. However, this term we are learning a lot of new things. We have started with information about blood and blood types, and even was able to do a lab about identifying blood type. All of the information I am learning in A&P is proving to be important to the understanding and treatment of patients, especially in emergency situations.

On a more exciting and less academic note, I am excited to be reunited with all of my friends and enjoy the social aspect of being back at school. This past weekend, we all went bowling and out to dinner to relieve stress. It is nice to take a break from schoolwork and just have a good time. I also have been busy this past weekend with dance and costumes for our upcoming tap show! My family and friends are driving from NH to see me perform, and I am looking forward to a fun-filled weekend!


Time for homework and nursing vital sign practice!


My best friend Megan and I, at the bowling alley!


My roommate Taryn and me at the bowling alley!

No comments:

Post a Comment