Monday, October 10, 2011

The Beginning of the Blogging...

Well, today is the first day of the blogging,
and since I have not blogged yet this year, I have a lot of things to blog about!

So, what is going on in my life at Elmira College as a sophomore?
Well, lets talk about my schedule, as I am a student who chooses to be busy just about every second of every day and this will surely give a good depiction of my life right now!
As a Nursing Major, I am currently enrolled in Anatomy and Physiology, where we are starting our cat dissections on Wednesday, as well as Intro to Nursing Science (self explanatory) and Statistics (math requirement for Nursing Majors). Also, after midterm break (which is this weekend!) I will be starting Pilates, which will fulfill my last physical fitness requirement. Top off this schedule with dance every night (including weekends), often for a few hours a night as well as choreographing for my own dances to teach, as well as working as a Freshman Writing Tutor, attending club meetings for Chem Club, Nursing Club, Tap Ensemble and Officer Meetings, and somehow finding time to eat, sleep and even breathe!? Well, trust me when I say it is possible, and it definitely keeps me busy, but overall, it enhances my college experience as a whole. Getting involved on campus keeps things fun, and is a great way to meet people and establish great friendships!

Anyways, now that we've covered my First Semester life story, there are lots of other things to talk about in regards to school. This year is already in full swing, with the Freshmen finally getting the swing of things here in the Purple Bubble! Encore is taking place and there are a few performances this week which I will be attending (add that to top off the schedule!). Also, everyone is busy cramming for midterms this week, with the library full of students studying hard to get an A! We also cannot forget about the ways in which the campus is making some changes including putting a new roof on the campus center and fixing the crosswalk connecting the two sides of campus. The staff here at Elmira is always striving to keep it looking nice, and during fall with the leaves falling from the trees, its truly is a beautiful place.

Besides that, I am enjoying being back at Elmira with all my friends from last year. This year I am living in Towers in a suite with 4 of my good friends. We are often all busy running around trying to get our work done, so we don't always get to spend time together. However, one of my suitemates is also a Nursing Major, so we spend just about every moment of the day together working on nursing (which is helpful when one of us is extremely confused with an assignment). My roommate is a varsity volleyball player and a Speech and Hearing Major, so like me, she is crazy busy. It is a good thing we live in the same room, or we would probably never see each other! Volleyball is almost over though, but with such a great record this year, the season will be sure to continue on to championship games. Whenever I get free time, I try to attend the games with friends and support my favorite sports team (although I might be biased since my roommate and suitemate are team members...). Besides that, I enjoy the weekends by dancing (obviously) and spending quality time with friends (oh, and catching up on some much needed R&R)! But, I just remind myself that being busy during the week is all worth it, because in the end, I will look back and see that I definitely got the most out of my college experience.

Anyways, that is all for now!
I luckily have no midterms this week, but still have lots of STATS homework, writing tutor meetings, and a ton of dance to get working on.
I will be enjoying my midterm break this weekend, and will be sure to recap my Anatomy and Physiology cat dissection next week for all those interested in the behind-the-scenes Nursing classes!
Off to enjoy the beautiful fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment